Saturday, July 9, 2016

Time Lapses

"To look life in the face. Always to look life in the face and to know it for what it is. At last to know it. To love it for what it is, and then, to put it away ... Always the years between us. Always the years. Always the love. Always the hours.”
- Michael Cunningham


I could write a whole paragraph bemoaning the last six months and wondering where they have gone, offering apologies I do not owe (I've become an expert at that), but instead I'll just dedicate one sentence to it: I'm sorry, where has the time gone? 

The last six months have been, well, a hell of a six months. But I've done a lot of new things, a lot of nice things, and a lot of the same things. The one thing I haven't been doing much of is writing -- I guess you could say this is a haphazard way of starting again -- I guess you could say I'm grasping at straws.





 I've been trying a lot of new places and new things. Lately it's been takes on latin food, interesting food fusions (this cool little place in South Town called Hot Joy has become a favorite stop), and remodels of a good 'ole eggs benedict.

I've also been cooking more than I've ever had much interest in before. I think I've got a pretty good idea how to make a carbonara, though I've only ever been allowed to assist; I've established I can make a mean biscuit and gravy dish from scratch, but everyone is tired of it; and I can utilize the crap out of goat cheese.

Okay so maybe I'm not a master chef, but my boyfriend is pretty good at it and he's been getting me out of my comfort zone ... like, making me eat veggies and stuff (even though I usually just feed them to the dog).

But I still frequent coffee shops, indulge in a good espresso shot or tea brew, and scarf up fresh and flakey pastries accompanied by a good book (lately Michael Cunningham has been the author of said good books, 3 down 2 to go).

So I'm very much the same, and very much different -- perhaps more evolved would be the term for it -- and I guess you could say this is growing up. Who'd-a-thunk I was capable of it, yeah?





Follow me on instagram (@littlemissbleah) if you wanna see how old these photos REALLY are, and see some other's I thought were less remarkable/applicable. 

1 comments: